6th International youth basketball tournament
DATES AND PLACE:
The Tournament will be held in Tartu, Estonia on 23rd-24th May 2015
The games will start on Saturday 23rd May at 12.00 a.m and Sunday 24th May at 9.00 a.m. The tournament will end on 24th May at 17.00. Award ceremonies are held on Sunday after each game if the places sure.
Tournament schedule and groups will be announced by May 20th 2015.
• boys born 2001
• boys born 2003
• boys born 2005
• boys born 2006
Games are played according to FIBA rules with following amendments:
• Team consists of maximum 12 players and 2 coaches
• For first half of game teams have two 1 min timeout, for the second half three 1 min timeouts
Balls snd basket height
• Age-groups 2001 and 2002 will play with ball size 6 and basket height is 305 cm
• Age-groups 2004, 2005, 2006 will play with ball size 5 and basket height is 260 cm
• Playing time is 4 x 8 minutes (effective time) and overtime is 3 minutes
Additional rules in age groups 2004, 2005 and 2006
• Five players should play in the first period and one player is substitute, other five players should play in the second period and one player is substitute, all players can play in the third and fourth periods. Each player can play up to two periods.
• Zone defense is not allowed
• Full-court pressing is allowed only during second half and if the score difference is not over 30 points. If pressing is applied a warning and after that a tehnical foul is given for the team (stated by game referee).
Best three teams of each age group will be awarded with medals and trophies. All participants will be awarded with a diploma and a memorabilia. Also each team’s best player and the winner of Sportland Shootout competition will be awarded.
The competition will be played in tournament system, all teams play each other. All teams get four games.
Team fee is 85 € per team. The participation in tournament must be confirmed in written form till May 1st 2015 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Team fee should be paid and team rosters should be sent by May 10th 2015. The fee should be paid to MTÜ Tartu Ülikooli Akadeemilise Spordiklubi’s account EE861010152001630003 SEB Bank.
A-pass (Starest, Rehe Hotel, Tamme hostel, Tartu hotel + 4 meals) 235 39 €
C-pass (floor sleeping in Tamme hostel + 4 meals) 32 27 €
D-pass (no accommodation + 2 meals) 10 €
If there are requests for additional accommodation or meals, please let us know by email@example.com in advance, so we can organize them.
BONUS OFFERS and MEDIA
• Coaches’ banquet
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR TOURNAMENT PLAYERS:
AURA Water Park – Special price 5 € per person, www.aurakeskus.ee
AHHAA Science Centre – Special price 6 € per person, www.ahhaa.ee/en (groups have to be registered before May 23rd 17.00 by phone +372 51 56 766 (Meelika Peetsmann)
Sportland sporting goods stores in Tartu – 20% discount
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Tournament director Kaiti Vasiljeva +372 53 988 447, e-mailiga firstname.lastname@example.org
Tournament map is in Google Maps.